This simple kale salad is a summer staple on busy days. It’s so easy, takes minutes to put together, and is full of flavour. The best part is that it’s very forgiving – I never measure the amounts and it still tastes good every time. For best results, make it a bit ahead – the longer this salad sits, the more the kale will soften, and become almost melt in your mouth.
- 1 bunch kale
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup ish olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp everything bagel spice
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, mix up the dressing: squeeze in the lemon juice, and add the olive oil. I don’t measure, but it’s about 1/4 cup olive oil. Add in the salt and pepper. Whisk well to combine.
- Add the kale, and mix well to coat with the dressing.
- Toss in the bagel spice, and nutritional yeast.
- Mix very well to combine.
- Taste and adjust as needed (maybe you need more lemon juice, maybe a bit more olive oil, perhaps a dash more nutritional yeast – play with it!).
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. We rarely have leftovers of this salad in my house, as it all gets eaten on the first night, but I suspect it tastes even better the second day! Enjoy!
Want more kale salad recipes? Check out my Healthy Autumn Kale Salad or my Marinated Kale Salad